The jammy dodgers from our Advanced Baking course are the perfect delicious family-friendly treat to bake at home with the kids.
1 small jar strawberry jam
2 egg yolks
1. Cream the butter well and then add the sugar and egg yolks.
2. Mix in the flour and salt and work together until you have a good dough.
3. Roll the dough to the thickness of a £1 coin (approximately 3mm thick). It is easiest to roll the dough between two sheets of greaseproof paper.
4. Wrap the dough in the greaseproof paper and chill for at least 15 minutes.
5. Cut your dough into circles using a 6.5cm round cutter. Take half of the circles and cut a 2cm hole in the centre of each using either a smaller cutter or a pastry nozzle. Christmas cutters are easy to find!
If you have a heart shaped cutter you can use this. Your dough should still be cold when it goes in the oven. If it is not then chill again briefly. Place on a baking sheet.
6. Bake in oven 340ºF/170ºC for about 10 minutes or until very lightly browned.
7. Remove from tin whilst still warm and cool on a wire rack.
8. Once cool, place a teaspoonful of jam on the full circle biscuits and then place the biscuit with the hole cut in on top.
These are best eaten after letting them sit for a few hours or even overnight.