THE ULTIMATE MEAT AND POULTRY
This very intensive meat cooking class addresses how best to select and cook with the vast range of meat and poultry now available to us. The meat that we use at Cookery School is all organic. You will learn about different cuts of meat and which cooking method is most appropriate.
During the day you will learn a myriad of tricks to produce the tastiest of meat-based meals and even take away with you a boned and stuffed chicken to cook at home. You will learn how to use a chicken four ways so that no part of the bird is wasted. Using the beautiful chicken stock produced during the session, we will also make a risotto using seasonal veg.
Your class will begin with a welcome of freshly baked Cookery School breakfast treats or a snack, if the class takes place in the afternoon. Once all the cooking is done, we will gather around the Cookery School table to enjoy a feast. The meal is accompanied by matched wines. We will end the meal with a dessert and coffee or tea.
Please bring your own chiller bag to take your meat home in. We no longer provide plastic bags for single use (not even our recycled plastic ones).
You will learn to make
- chicken stock
- a boned and stuffed chicken (to take home with you – don’t forget to bring along a chiller bag!)
- grilled duck breasts with a fresh orange sauce
- braised guinea fowl
- chicken liver pate
- grilled spatchcocked chicken
- roast beef and Yorkshire pudding
- provencal lamb stew
- grilled steak with a Bearnaise sauce
- At Cookery School London
near Oxford Circus
- Learn to debone a chicken
- Take home the skills and knowledge to create delicious meat dishes at home
- Expert teaching and advice, using standard home kitchen equipment
- Leave with the knowledge and understanding to make the delicious recipes at home
- Hands on experience in small groups
- You will use sustainably sourced, high quality, organic ingredients