At Cookery School we teach to empower so that everyone has the confidence to replicate recipes again and again at home. We also teach by principle – if you can understand how to make one ice cream, you can make a whole range of different ice creams using the same principle.
During our time at home, in isolation, these principles have never been more pertinent, when we all need to cook a lot more. We will be sharing simple, home-cooked weekly recipes with you, so that your experience of cooking during Covid-19 is a positive one, with new recipes learnt and delicious dishes enjoyed.
Banana Ice cream
Feeds 4 / Freezer Friendly
1. Peel the banana and cut into chunks.
2. Freeze in layers in a suitable container, placing sheets of greaseproof paper between each layer of bananas so that they do not stick together as they freeze.
3. Using a food processor, place a small amount of frozen bananas in the machine at time. If you do too many at one time, the machine will be forced to labour and stop. It is worth being patient and doing about a cupful at a time.
4. Blitz the bananas and watch as they become smoother and, with additional blitzing, creamier.
5. Place the pureed frozen mixture into a container and freeze again until required.
6. A little rum drizzled over the top is a real treat.
7. Great served alongside fruit salad as an accompaniment.
1. Use ripe bananas for a sweeter taste
2. Never throw away left over fruit, you can always find a use for it in an ice cream or sorbet.
Cooking during Covid-19
We have a wealth of experience to share in these unprecedented times if you need help cooking during Coronavirus. We’ll be giving you tips and recipes on using store cupboard ingredients, preserving, pickling & above all making the most of your valuable ingredients & not wasting food. PLEASE let us have YOUR questions and SHARE on Facebook or Instagram what you’ve been cooking & our founder Rosalind will be able to get back to you with answers so we can all learn from each other.