We’re very excited to launch our National Cooking Programme – an ‘oven-ready’ programme of x20 FREE online interactive classes for teenagers wanting to learn to cook. Here is what we’ll be cooking on Wednesday 15 September 2021 at 5.30pm which will be livestreamed on Instagram and YouTube. Please get prepared with the ingredients and familiarise yourself with the recipe so you can cook along with us.
Firstly, here is a handy shopping list for all of the ingredients required
honey or maple syrup
berries if desired
Griddle Cakes also called American Pancakes
300g/10½ oz plain flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
pinch of salt
2 eggs, separated
400ml /14 oz milk (a little more may be required)
3 tablespoons rapeseed oil
1. Place the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
2. Place the egg yolks, milk and oil and in a separate bowl and mix well with a fork.
3. Beat the egg white until stiff.
4. Add the wet egg-yolk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix just sufficiently to moisten them.
Do not over-mix or heavy pancakes will result.
5. Gently fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites.
6. Place spoonfuls of the mixture on a greased hot griddle or frying pan.
7. Turn the pancakes as soon as bubbles form on the surface. Allow the second side to brown
8. Eat hot with butter, maple syrup, jam and cream or flavoured butter.