KNIFE SKILLS – SLICE AND DICE
Learn to chop, slice, dice and fillet! Using Wusthof knives, we will teach you all the tricks of the trade so that you can understand how to choose the right knife for the job and use your knife to best advantage. Most importantly, you will learn how to use a knife safely.
Once all the knife work has been done, we will show you how to make delicious dishes using the ingredients you have chopped.
The class starts with either a snack or a breakfast of freshly baked treats, depending on the time of the class. At the end of the class you will all gather around the Cookery School table to enjoy all that you have chopped and cooked. Wusthof knives will be available to purchase on the day. You can find reviews of the class here and here.
You will learn:
- minestrone with hand chopped pesto (loads of chopping of all sorts)
- caramelised onion focaccia (slicing onions easily)
- grilled catch of the day with a herbed topping (filleting and fine chopping)
- handchopped burger made with organic British beef (coarse chopping of meat)
- caramelised orange (segmenting citrus fruits)
- wonderful apple cake (cutting up apples)
- At Cookery School London
near Oxford Circus
- Learn how to wield a kitchen knife like an expert
- Sound teaching and advice, using standard home kitchen equipment
- Leave with knowledge and understanding on how to use a knife to best advantage and to make these delicious dishes at home again
- Enjoy loads of great hands on practice
- We use sustainably sourced, high quality, mostly organic ingredients
- Receive an emailed pack of the recipes you made during the class
- No washing up – we take care of that for you!