This is one of our most popular classes and it’s easy to see why – knowing how to make all of these sauces is seriously useful!
In this sauce cooking class you will master an area of cooking that is often considered tricky but really isn’t. You will learn that with just a few simple ingredients you can make a variety of classic savoury and sweet sauces that can be used as they are or as the starting point for plenty of exciting dishes, such as using your bechamel to make macaroni and cheese. These are all really useful sauces to have in your repertoire to make both everyday or more special dishes.
At the end of the session the class will sit down together to feast on delicious dishes made using your sauces along with a glass of wine. We will email you all the recipes and you will leave us with the confidence to be able to cook these fantastic base sauces on your own at home.
You Will Learn To Make
- tomato sauce
- puttanesca sauce
- white sauce (béchamel)
- Béarnaise sauce
- Hollandaise sauce
- a red wine reduction
- an aioli (from your base sauce – mayonnaise)
- a beurre blanc
- green salsa
- classic pesto
- confectioner’s custard (creme patissière)
- crème Anglaise (custard)
- a rich chocolate sauce
- At Cookery School London
near Oxford Circus
- You will learn how to cook a range of sweet and savoury sauces
- Expert teaching and advice, using standard home kitchen equipment
- Leave with the knowledge and understanding to make the delicious recipes at home
- Hands on experience
- You will use sustainably sourced, high quality, organic ingredients
- You will never wash up - we take care of that for you always!