FERMENTS & PICKLES
We will take you through the basics of how to create pickles and ferments that are not only delicious but also give you a wealth of good gut bacteria and nutrients.
Research has shown that fermented foods and drinks are loved by our gut, help keep our immune system healthy and even curb sugar cravings! Aside from all these benefits, they also taste delicious and are simple to make once you know how. The class will demystify ferments and pickles and show how easy these healthy, probiotic foods are to make at home.
We will teach you the techniques for making for making both a dry-salted vegetable pickle (kimchi and sauerkraut) and a brine pickle (sour dill cucumbers) as well as a fermented drink (kombucha). At the end of the class you will sit down to enjoy a delicious kimchi and noodle dish accompanied by a glass of wine and you will take home with you a jar of your kimchi, pickled cucumbers and a SCOBY so that you can make kombucha at home.
You will learn to make:
- Dill cucumber pickles
- At Cookery School London
near Oxford Circus
- Learn different techniques to create your own ferments at home
- Expert teaching and advice, using standard home kitchen equipment
- Leave with the knowledge and understanding to make the delicious recipes at home
- Hands on experience
- You will use sustainably sourced, high quality, organic ingredients
- You will never wash up - we take care of that for you always!