Join us for this exciting new class where you will gain an insight into the techniques required to make a variety of dim sum. After a traditional Chinese breakfast of the most delicious congee that all of us at Cookery School just love, you will learn a range of new skills, from making authentic fillings through to rolling, folding, steaming and frying your way to a delicious dim sum feast. You will become familiar with a plethora of Chinese ingredients that may currently seem overwhelming but will provide you with a whole new food vocabulary.
Having mastered these techniques you will be able to extend your repertoire to other shapes and flavours of dim sum at home. At the end of the class you will enjoy a fabulous dim sum feast accompanied by Chinese tea.
You will learn to make
- chicken & water chestnut siu mai
- BBQ pork steamed buns
- prawn har gau
- pork jiaozi
- prawn wonton soup
- steamed scallops with pickled vegetables
- steamed sponge with ginger syrup (dessert)
- At Cookery School London
near Oxford Circus
- You will learn how to produce beautiful and delicious homemade dim sum
- Expert teaching and advice, using standard home kitchen equipment
- There will be some demonstration, some group work and some individual work
- Leave with the knowledge and understanding to make the delicious recipes at home
- Plenty of hands on experience
- You will use sustainably sourced, high quality, organic ingredients
- You will never wash up - we take care of that for you always!