In this pastry class you will master the techniques needed to make and use perfect pastry every time. Called ‘a perfect pastry lesson’ by The Financial Times, our pastry class will take you from the basics to more advanced techniques.
After a welcome snack or breakfast, depending on the time of day, the class will watch a demonstration on how to make and use choux pastry and puff pastry. Students then make their own puff pastry and shortcrust or sweet shortcrust pastry. Each student will then choose whether they would like to use their shortcrust or sweet shortcrust to make either an apple pie, vegetable quiche or Cornish pasty which will be taken home, along with the the puff pastry you have made to be used as you wish.
Have a look at our reviews here.
You Will Learn To Make
- choux pastry
- shortcrust pastry
- pate sucree
- puff pastry
- apple pie
- vegetable quiche
- traditional Cornish pasties
- eccles cakes
- cheese straws
- You will learn how to produce the lightest of pastry and how to use it so that homemade pastry will become a natural part of your repertoire
- Expert teaching and advice, using standard home kitchen equipment
- Leave with the knowledge and understanding to make the delicious recipes at home
- Hands on experience
- You will use sustainably sourced, high quality, organic ingredients
- You will never wash up - we take care of that for you always!