In our cake making class you will explore different methods of making cakes and learn the all-important rules for successful cake baking. You will acquire a lovely and varied cake repertoire, including butter cakes, oil based cakes and quick cakes plus preparing and adding the toppings to your freshly baked cakes.
You will be welcomed with an aperitif and a substantial snack before rolling up your sleeves to start baking. Some cakes will be demonstrated and others will be hands-on. It’s a short class so a few of the more straightforward cakes are pre-made so that you can taste them and see the appearance and texture. At the end of the class you will enjoy a cake feast and take home what you have made, so be sure to bring along a container to the lesson.
Please bring your own recycled bag to take your cakes home in. We no longer provide plastic bags for single use (not even our recycled plastic ones).
You Will Learn To Make
- Victoria sponge cake
- Lemon cake
- Devil’s food cake
- Olive oil & sauternes cake
- Swiss roll
- Carrot cake
- Basic sponge
- Gluten free orange cake
- Chocolate ganache and a variety of icings
- At Cookery School London
near Oxford Circus
- You will learn the different methods and styles of cake making
- Expert teaching and advice, using standard home kitchen equipment
- Leave with the knowledge and understanding to make the delicious recipes at home
- Hands on experience
- You will use sustainably sourced, high quality, organic ingredients
- You will never wash up - we take care of that for you always!