ALL MANNER OF PIES
Learn to make pies in the cooking class the FT called the ‘perfect pastry lesson.’ Pies are a great make-in-advance cuisine and always a crowd-pleaser!
In this class you will not only learn how to make the pie fillings and form the pies but also pick up tips on how to make and use beautiful buttery shortcrust, sweet shortcrust and puff pastry.
In a three hour class we don’t have time to make all the pie fillings from scratch and then cool them before topping with pastry so we prepare some of the ingredients in advance to be put together in the class and some elements are demonstrated.
You will sit down at the end of the session to eat your piping hot pies and enjoy a pint! Leave with new recipes and a boost of confidence thanks to our fantastic pastry chefs.
You Will Learn To Make:
- apple pie
- chicken & mushroom pies
- beef & ale pies
- Cornish pasties
- shortcrust pastry
- rich sweet shortcrust pastry (pate sucree) – demonstration
- puff pastry – demonstration
- At Cookery School London
near Oxford Circus
- Take home the skills and knowledge to make perfect pastry and pie fillings
- Expert teaching and advice, using standard home kitchen equipment
- Leave with the knowledge and understanding to make the delicious recipes at home
- Hands on experience
- You will use sustainably sourced, high quality, organic ingredients
- You will never wash up – we take care of that for you!