Win a Scholarship on our professional Cook’s Certificate in Food and Wine
One lucky person has a chance to win a place on our professional six-week course, Cook’s Certificate in Food and Wine, completely free of charge. We are looking for someone who has a foodie dream with a social goal and needs help to realise their project. The course is based in London and starts on 17th May 2021.
With a value of £7750, it’s a full-time course that sets participants up for entry into a professional kitchen. It’s a great opportunity for someone who has a socially driven idea but perhaps not the funds to initiative their mission. Apply by midday Saturday 24 April for a chance to win.
Sustainability is at the core of everything that we do and we see education in cooking as incredibly important in developing this, now and for future generations. From this base our trainees will learn how to run a sustainable kitchen, reduce waste, work with the best and most ethically sourced ingredients, alongside learning necessary culinary skills. Ultimately, we want students who will engage and pass on their knowledge and passion to others.
- OFFER: one place at no cost on the Cook’s Certificate in Food & Wine
- DATES: 17 May – 25 June 2021
- VALUE: £7,750
- DURATION: Six-week intensive course, Monday – Friday and Sunday 6 June (to make up for a Bank Holiday).
Qualifications you’ll gain
- Level 3 Certificate from Open College Network (OCN) London
- Level 2 Award in Wines from the Wine & Spirits Education Trust (WSET)
- Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Food Safety from the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH)
- Level 2 Sustainable Kitchen accreditation from OCN London
SOCIAL VALUE: We are looking for someone who has a food mission with social value that they are working towards, which our Cook’s Certificate course can support and as part of the application you will need to tell us about your goal and the stage that you are currently at (it may just be an idea!)
AVAILABILITY: You must be available to attend all course dates in full across the six weeks (Monday-Friday, starting 17th May 2021 and Sunday 6 June until Friday 25th June 2021)
CONTENT: We ask that you help to provide content for social media, produced with Cookery School, including images, video and written content
YOUR STORY: We ask that on completion of the course communication between Cookery School and the winner continues for 12 months to track and share their progress and their own personal journey to achieve their goal.
1. Complete the online application form
2. Application closes 24th April 2021 – midday
3. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the 28th April 2021
4. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a Zoom interview with Cookery School, on 29th April 2021
5. The scholarship winner will be announced on Tuesday 4th May 2021.
What our graduates say…