Win a Scholarship on our professional Cook’s Certificate in Food and Wine
One lucky person has a chance to win a place on our professional six-week course, Cook’s Certificate in Food and Wine. Completely free of charge we are looking for someone who has a foodie dream with a social goal and needs help to realise their project. The course is based in London and starts in March 2020.
With a value of £7750, it’s a full-time course that sets participants up for entry into a professional kitchen. It’s a great opportunity for someone who has a socially driven idea but perhaps not the funds to initiative their mission. Apply by 4 February for a chance to win.
Sustainability is at the core of everything that we do and we see education in cooking as incredibly important in developing this, now and for future generations. From this base cooks and chefs will learn how to run a sustainable kitchen, reduce waste, work with the best and most ethically sourced ingredients. Ultimately, we want students who will engage and pass on their knowledge and passion to others.
- OFFER: one place at no cost on the Cook’s Certificate in Food & Wine
- DATES: 2 March – 9 April 2020
- VALUE: £7,750
- DURATION: Six-week intensive course, Monday – Friday and Saturday 4 April
- EXPERIENCE: One week’s experience in a professional kitchen for a top London restaurant or caterer, facilitated on completion of the course
- EXTRA: A Wusthof Silverpoint 6 piece Cooks Starter Set, donated by Haus, to help launch your career in food.
Qualifications you’ll gain
- Level 3 Certificate from Open College Network (OCN) London
- Level 2 Award in Wines from the Wine & Spirits Education Trust (WSET)
- Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Food Safety from the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH)
- Level 2 Sustainable Kitchen accreditation from OCN London
SOCIAL VALUE: We are looking for someone who has a food mission with social value that they are working towards, which the course can support and as part of the application you will need to tell us about your goal and the stage that you are currently at (it may just be an idea!)
AVAILABILITY: You must be available to attend all course dates in full across the six weeks (Monday-Friday, starting 2 March 2020 and Saturday 4 April)
CONTENT: We ask that you help to provide content for social media, produced with Cookery School, including images, video and written content
YOUR STORY: We ask that on completion of the course communication between Cookery School and the winner continues for 12 months to track and share their progress and their own personal journey to achieve their goal.
1. Complete the online application form
2. Application closes 4 February 2020
3. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the 7 February 2020
4. Shortlisted candidates must attend an interview at Cookery School, week commencing 10 February 2020
5. The scholarship winner will be announced on the 19th February 2020.
What our graduates say…