Win a Scholarship on our professional Cook’s Certificate in Food and Wine
One lucky person has the chance to win a free scholarship place on our professional six-week, fast track course, Cook’s Certificate Course in Food and Wine. We are looking for someone who has a foodie dream with a social goal and needs help to realise their project ambition. The course is based in London and starts on 5th June 2023.
It has a value of £8,500, and is a full-time course that sets participants up for entry into a professional kitchen, or provides them with relevant experience to enter other areas in the hospitality arena. It’s a great opportunity for someone who has a socially driven idea but perhaps not the funds to support their mission. Apply by midday Tuesday 30th May 2023 for a chance to win.
With sustainability being at the core of everything that we do, we see sustainability training education in cooking as being vitally important for those entering the hospitality sector in furthering this. Our trainees will learn how to run a sustainable kitchen, reduce waste and work with the best and most ethically sourced ingredients.
During the six weeks in the Cookery School kitchen our students learn all the requisite skills to enable them to become participating members of a restaurant brigade.
Ultimately, we require the student who is given the scholarship to share their knowledge and passion with others within a social context and to share the expertise that they have gained whilst at Cookery School at Little Portland Street.
- OFFER: one place at no cost on the Cook’s Certificate in Food & Wine
- DATES: 5 June – 14 July 2023
- VALUE: £8,500
- DURATION: Six-week intensive course, Monday – Friday.
Qualifications you’ll gain
* Cookery School Cooks Level 3 Training from OCN London
* Sustainable Kitchen Level 2 from OCN London
* WSET Award in Wines Level 2 from Wine & Spirits Education Trust
* Foundation Certificate in Food Safety from the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH)
SOCIAL VALUE: We are looking for someone who has a food mission with social value that they are currently involved with or may be working towards, which our Cook’s Certificate course can support. As part of the application you will need to tell us about your goals and the stage that you are currently at (it may even just be an idea!)
AVAILABILITY: You must be available to attend all course dates in full across the six weeks (Monday-Friday, starting 5th June 2023 until Friday 14th July 2023)
CONTENT: In return you must provide a daily diary for each of your days on the course which you must share on a public social media platform – either Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn or a blog. This will produced with Cookery School, and must include images, video and written content
YOUR STORY: We ask that on completion of the course communication between Cookery School and the winner continues for 12 months to track and share their progress and their own personal journey to achieve their goal.
1. Complete the online application form
2. Applications close 30th May 2023 – midday
3. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by close of play 30th May 2023
4. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a Zoom interview with Cookery School, on Wednesday 31st May & Thursday 1st June 2023
5. The scholarship winner will be announced on 2nd June 2023.
What our graduates say…