At Cookery School we teach to empower so that everyone has the confidence to replicate recipes again and again at home. We also teach by principle – if you can understand how to make and prepare a basic pudding, you can make a whole range of different puddings using the same principle.
Sticky Toffee Puddings
FOR THE PUDDINGS
175ml boiling water
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
175g soft brown sugar
¼ tsp cinnamon
3 tsps baking powder
¼ tsp mixed spice
FOR THE SAUCE
75g butter, softened
150g caster sugar
6 tbs double cream
1. Chop the dates and place in a bowl. Cover with the boiling water, vanilla extract and bicarbonate of soda. Set aside.
2. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs to the butter and sugar, beating all the time.
4. Pour in the wet date mixture and mix well.
5. Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and mixed spice and mix well again.
6. Pour into pudding basins/muffin tins that have been well buttered and floured, with a paper disc placed on the bottom.
7. Bake at 180oC/375oF for 25 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
8. To make the sauce, melt the sugar and butter in a pan. Add the cream when the sugar
has dissolved. Tip the puddings out of their basins and pour over the hot sauce.
9. This dessert is delicious served with whipped cream or real custard.
Cooking during Covid-19
We have a wealth of experience to share in these unprecedented times if you need help cooking during Coronavirus. We’ll be giving you tips and recipes on using store cupboard ingredients, preserving, pickling & above all making the most of your valuable ingredients & not wasting food. PLEASE let us have YOUR questions and SHARE on Facebook or Instagram what you’ve been cooking & our founder Rosalind will be able to get back to you with answers so we can all learn from each other.