At Cookery School we teach to empower so that everyone has the confidence to replicate recipes again and again at home. We also teach by principle – if you can understand how to use filo pastry, you can make a whole range of different dishes using the same principle.
Use a 9″/23cm X 13″/33cm baking pan
3lbs/1.5kg fresh spinach cooked and very well drained
4 bunches spring onions
½lb/250g filo pastry leaves
8ozs/250g melted butter
½ cup finely chopped parsley
1 teaspoon finely chopped dill
¼ cup finely chopped mint
½ lb crumbled feta cheese
4ozs/125ml olive oil
freshly ground salt and pepper
1. Brown the spring onions in the olive oil until wilted and slightly browned.
2. Combine spinach, parsley, dill, mint and feta cheese and add browned spring onions.
3. Season lightly with freshly ground salt and pepper.
4. Grease the baking pan and line with eight of the filo sheets leaving edges overhanging.
5. Brush each sheet with the melted butter combined with 1/2 cup of olive oil.
6. Spread the spinach mixture over the filo and top with remaining sheets of filo, brushing again
with butter and oil between each sheet.
7. Brush the top sheet with the butter and oil too.
8. Bake at 350ºF/170ºC for about 45 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
9. Cook and cut into squares before serving.
10. May be served warm or at room temperature
We are over on social media too, we’d love you to tag us @cookeryschoollondon in any of your food making, watching or reading adventures!
Find our more about our sustainability practices here
Browse our cookery classes here
Sign up for our September Cook’s Certificate here
Sign up for our newsletter here to keep in touch, and to find out about our upcoming courses, and offers.