Roast pork, is not always easy to perfect every time. Our simple and easy to follow recipe will allow you to have the perfect crispy pork skin whilst keeping the meat juicy and succulent. To serve with your roast pork, a quick and easy homemade apple sauce makes for the perfect accompany.
2kgs/5lbs pork belly on the bone
4 cloves garlic
6 tbsps olive oil
2 tbsps rock salt
freshly ground pepper
1. Place the pork belly into the roasting tin, skin side up.
2. Score the skin with a sharp knife, cutting long strips across the skin. Cut through the fat, but not into the meat itself.
3. Crush the garlic and add to the oil. Add the rock salt and some freshly ground black pepper to the oil mixture.
4. Massage the oil mixture into the skin.
5. Roast in the oven at 190EC for 1 ½ hours. Then turn up the heat to 250EC until the skin is puffed up and crisp. Remove from the oven and serve with the pan juices.
Expand your meat and poultry cooking skills even further with our Meat and Poultry class!