At Cookery School we teach to empower so that everyone has the confidence to replicate recipes again and again at home. We also teach by principle – if you can understand how to roast nuts, you can make a whole range of different snacks using the same principle.
These nuts make a wonderful cocktail snack and no one ever believes how easy they are to make.
Use a selection of any nuts of choice – almonds, cashews, walnuts, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, etc
freshly ground sea salt
olive oil – very little
chilli oil or Tabasco
1. Place nuts in a microwave proof bowl eg glass (not metal).
2. Sprinkle over a teaspoonful of olive oil.
3. Sprinkle over a healthy dash of salt
4. Sprinkle over as much chilli oil or tobasco as desired.
5. Using your hands, coat the nuts evenly with all the added ingredients.
6. Place the nuts in a microwave and cook for 1 minute then turn. Repeat this procedure a few times until the nuts are just starting to smell roasted and are starting to colour. Do not over cook.
We are over on social media too, we’d love you to tag us @cookeryschoollondon in any of your food making, watching or reading adventures!
Find our more about our sustainability practices here
Browse our cookery classes here
Sign up for our September Cook’s Certificate here
Sign up for our newsletter here to keep in touch, and to find out about our upcoming courses, and offers.