At Cookery School we teach to empower so that everyone has the confidence to replicate recipes again and again at home. We also teach by principle – if you can understand how to prepare and make pate, you can make a whole range of different pates using the same principle.
225g/8 oz mushrooms
30g/1 oz butter or rapeseed oil if preferred
1 clove of garlic, very finely chopped
1 shallot or 6 spring onions finely chopped
170g/6 oz cream cheese
squeeze of lemon juice
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Clean the mushrooms then slice them.
2. Heat the butter or oil in a frying pan and add the shallot and the mushrooms.
3. Fry until all the moisture the mushrooms release has evaporated and the mushrooms and shallot are well browned.
4. Add the garlic and fry for a few seconds until just translucent.
5. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
6. Blitz the mushroom mixture in a food processor until smooth then add the cream cheese
and the lemon juice.
7. Blitz again briefly until just blended.
8. Season to taste with salt and pepper and chill in the fridge.
9. Serve with hot toast or freshly baked bread or on crackers.
We are over on social media too, we’d love you to tag us @cookeryschoollondon in any of your food making, watching or reading adventures!
Find our more about our sustainability practices here
Browse our cookery classes here
Sign up for our September Cook’s Certificate here
Sign up for our newsletter here to keep in touch, and to find out about our upcoming courses, and offers.