At Cookery School we teach to empower so that everyone has the confidence to replicate recipes again and again at home. We also teach by principle – if you can understand how to make and prepare a basic soup, you can make a whole range of different soups using the same principle.
This seasonal recipe is the perfect family friendly soup to celebrate Halloween.
Butternut squash soup
1 onion, chopped
A good glug olive oil or butter
1 clove garlic, crushed
3 tsp grated root ginger
¼ tsp chilli flakes
1½ tsp curry powder
1 butternut squash, peeled and chopped
1 litre / 1.7 pints vegetable stock
200g / 7oz cashew butter
Freshly ground black pepper
1. In a pan, sweat the onion in the olive oil until soft.
2. Add the garlic, ginger, chilli flakes and curry powder and cook for a few minutes.
3. Add the butternut squash and continue to cook until it starts to caramelise.
4. Now add the stock and cook until the squash is soft, about 20 – 30 minutes
5. Once tender, place in a high speed blender with the cashew butter and blend until smooth.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cooking during Covid-19
We have a wealth of experience to share in these unprecedented times if you need help cooking during Coronavirus. We’ll be giving you tips and recipes on using store cupboard ingredients, preserving, pickling & above all making the most of your valuable ingredients & not wasting food. PLEASE let us have YOUR questions and SHARE on Facebook or Instagram what you’ve been cooking & our founder Rosalind will be able to get back to you with answers so we can all learn from each other.