Here’s our version of this classic, refreshing chilled Spanish soup, gazpacho, to keep you and your loved ones nice and cool during this glorious heatwave. Summer is in full swing and with temperatures rising to a whopping 37°C it’s way too hot to cook!
- 1kg ripe plum tomatoes
- 500g cucumber
- 250g red pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 100ml sherry vinegar
- 50ml white wine vinegar
- 400ml olive oil
- 200g bread
For the garnish:
- Diced red pepper
- Diced green pepper
- Diced tomato deseeded and peeled
- Diced onion
- Diced deseeded cucumber
1. Place all the vegetables in a food processor with a little salt and blitz.
2. Place the bread to soak in cold water until soft.
3. Add the half the vinegar to the mixture and the soaked the mixture
4. Slowly add half of the olive oil to start emulsifying the mixture.
5. Slowly add the rest of the vinegar (this depends on the strength that you want).
6. Add the rest of the olive oil and emulsify.
7. Pass through a sieve.
8. Season, chill and sprinkle with your garnish for a bit of crunch
Depending on the mixture you can correct flavours by adding more olive oil or vinegar to the final mix.
Learn how to cook more delicious soups in our filling soups class!