There’s nothing like a bowl of warming celeriac soup. Celeriac came to Britain in the 18th century and is now a versatile winter staple. Did you know – celeriac can be roasted, stewed, blanched, mashed or eaten raw, in in soups, salads, casseroles, and other savoury dishes.
300g/12oz celeriac cut into +2″ pieces
2 large onions coarsely chopped
4 tablespoons olive oil
8 cups of vegetable or chicken stock
If desired 1 large baking potato cubed small
freshly ground salt and pepper to taste
- Fry the onions in the oil until they are a golden brown.
- Add the celeriac and stock and bring the mixture up to the boil.
- If a creamier soup is desired, add the cubed potato.
- Turn down and simmer until the vegetables start to break up.
- Blend the soup until it is smooth and creamy.
- Season to taste with freshly ground salt and pepper.
Interested in expanding your soup repertoire? Pop along to our filling soups and breads class!