14-20 October is National Baking Week AND National Chocolate Week, so we’re celebrating by sharing one of our favourites: a brownie recipe! This is a much-loved sweet treat in our kitchens, perfect for kids and adults alike.
85g/3 ozs dark chocolate
85g/3 ozs butter
¾ cup sugar
½ cup flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1. Melt the butter and chocolate together in a saucepan over a very low heat.
- 2. While it is melting, beat the eggs until frothy, add the sugar and continue to beat until well blended.
- 3. Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- 4. Once fully melted, add the melted butter chocolate mixture slowly to the eggs and sugar, beating the mixture as you pour.
- 5. Add the dry ingredients to the chocolate mixture and mix well. Finally, add the chopped nuts to the mixture. Mix well.
- 6. Pour the mixture into a greased 8″ x 8″ baking dish and bake in oven 350ºF/180º for about 25 minutes.
- 7. Cut into 9 squares (ie 3 x 3) and eat either warm or cold. The middle should be slightly chewy.