Thanks to the hard work and love from our resident gardener, Edwin, our rooftop allotment on Regent Street is thriving! He’s growing and harvesting a wide range of herbs and vegetables to then use in our kitchens, including mint, parsley, thyme, sage and broad beans.
We’ve combined a few of these beautiful ingredients in this broad bean salad recipe – the perfect accompaniment to meat or vegetables cooked on the BBQ.
– 2 lbs/900g broad beans, shelled
– 1 good handful parsley, chopped
– 1 good handful mint. chopped
– 4 tablespoons water
– 4 tablespoons pomegranate syrup
– 1 clove garlic, crushed
– ½ teaspoon salt and freshly ground pepper
– 12 tablespoons olive oil
- 1. Boil the broad beans until just tender and then drain and place in a mixing bowl.
- 2. Add the herbs to the beans and toss lightly.
- 3. Make a dressing by mixing together the pomegranate syrup and the water.
- 4. Add the crushed garlic, salt and pepper to the dressing.
- 5. Finally add the olive oil and shake the dressing until well combined.
- 6. Taste for seasoning. You may have to add a little additional syrup, water or oil depending on what taste you wish to achieve. Dress the beans and serve.
Interested in learning more salads, come online to our healthy eating class!