Thanks to the hard work and love from our resident gardener, Edwin, our rooftop allotment on Regent Street is thriving! He’s growing and harvesting a wide range of herbs and vegetables to then use in our kitchens, including mint, parsley, thyme, sage and broad beans.
We’ve combined a few of these beautiful ingredients in this broad bean salad recipe – the perfect accompaniment to meat or vegetables cooked on the BBQ.
– 2 lbs/900g broad beans, shelled
– 1 good handful parsley, chopped
– 1 good handful mint. chopped
– 4 tablespoons water
– 4 tablespoons pomegranate syrup
– 1 clove garlic, crushed
– ½ teaspoon salt and freshly ground pepper
– 12 tablespoons olive oil
- 1. Boil the broad beans until just tender and then drain and place in a mixing bowl.
- 2. Add the herbs to the beans and toss lightly.
- 3. Make a dressing by mixing together the pomegranate syrup and the water.
- 4. Add the crushed garlic, salt and pepper to the dressing.
- 5. Finally add the olive oil and shake the dressing until well combined.
- 6. Taste for seasoning. You may have to add a little additional syrup, water or oil depending on what taste you wish to achieve. Dress the beans and serve.