Bank holiday is all about spending time with people that you care about, and there’s no better bonding time then getting in the kitchen and whipping up a feast. To get your creative juices going, we are giving you one of our most loved Cookery School recipes! These deliciously fruity blueberry crumble muffins are perfect for snacking, breakfast or as a sweet treat after your meal.
If you find yourself creating this recipe this bank holiday, feel free to share your creations and tag us on social!
1 tablespoon brown sugar
55g butter, cut into cubes
300g plain flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon caster sugar
4 teaspoons rapeseed oil
- 1.Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- 2.Grease and flour 10 holes in a 12-hole muffin tin, or line with paper cases.
- 3.Make crumble topping for the muffins first. Mix the flour and the sugar together. Rub in the butter until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- 4.Place the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl.
- 5.In another bowl beat together milk, oil and eggs.
- 6.Add 110g of the blueberries to wet mixture, reserving the rest to top the muffins.
- 7.Then, very quickly, pour the wet mixture over the dry ingredients and mix as little as possible – just enough to moisten the dry ingredients.
- 8.Sprinkle some crumble over the muffins and top with a few blueberries.
- 9.Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.