THE ULTIMATE BAKING – REMAINING SESSIONS OCT/NOV 2020 COURSE
Session 5: French breakfast pastries
Learn traditional techniques for two classic dough recipes – croissants and brioche, using delicious organic butter. These two techniques can take years to perfect but are both very versatile doughs that can be extended to a number of recipes. You will take home the croissant dough that you make in class to use at home at your leisure.
You will learn to make:
- Pain au chocolat
- Pain aux raisins
Session 6: Scones, pancakes, waffles and muffins
Learn how to whip up wonderful breakfasts or teas using our foolproof recipes. In addition you will learn a few flavoured butter recipes to enhance these dishes.
You will learn to make :
- Plain muffins
- Plain scones
- Cheese and herb scones
- Banana muffins
- Apple spice muffins
- Plain pancake (crepe)
- Griddle cake (American pancake)
Session 7: Meringues and macarons
Understand your egg whites and make delicate meringues and macarons. This session is devoted to teaching you how to make perfect meringues and macarons and a variety of fillings for them. You will take away a small box of professional looking macarons.
You will learn how to make:
- Mini piped meringues
- Meringues to be used in a Mont Blanc
- Chocolate macarons with a ganache filling
- Other macarons of choice with a butter cream filling
Session 8: Cake decorating
In this class you will learn how to make a perfect butter icing and learn how to pipe to perfection. You will take home a box of beautifully decorated cupcakes.
You will learn how to:
- Make a perfect butter icing
- Ice and decorate cupcakes professionally
- Use a piping bag and pipe different shapes onto cupcakes
- Use fondant, colour it, cover and smooth a cake and decorate it.
- Slice cakes evenly across
- At Cookery School London
near Oxford Circus