As the old adage goes, waste not, want not! This class is to look at how we can reduce food waste and at the same time save money.
We are running this class in partnership with Magimix and will show you how to make use of its iconic food processor and a variety of its attachments to prepare these dishes easily – saving you time as well food. Don’t fear if you’ve never used a Magimix before, we will take you through the it step by step, showing you tips and tricks along the way so you can recreate these meals at home.
You will learn how to make a series of delicious, economical and easy dishes and be given loads of tips on how to reduce your food waste. In addition, by being super clever, you will learn how to make dishes that you can even take to work the next day. All that from leftovers!
Methane, the gas that is given off from rotting food, is 23 times more powerful as a greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide. Many people worry about their carbon footprint without realising how much impact methane gas has.
We conducted a survey to find out exactly which ingredients people end up throwing away on a regular basis. Using the findings from our survey, we devised this class to provide inspiration on how to re-purpose these ingredients to produce tasty food that you want to eat. In the same way that we learnt how to recycle, this class is aimed at showing how easy it is to avoid food waste and, at the same time, learn how to use food so that as little as possible of it is wasted.
At the end of the class you will sit down to enjoy a delicious meal that you have made from food that would otherwise have been wasted, accompanied by a glass of wine.
You will learn to make:
- grilled lettuce with leftover herb dressing
- savoury bread and butter pudding
- potato cakes using leftover potatoes, fish, cheese and other savoury odds and ends
- bottom of the fridge soup – a super delicious soup that contains every decent morsel of food in the fridge
- baked crispy vegetables – using every part of the veg including stalks
- crispy pasta bake
- tomato sauce
- vegetable stock – using leftover peelings
- sweet bread and butter pudding treat
- best ever banana bread – using up over ripe bananas – the riper the bananas, the better the bread!
- smoothies using surplus milk and any favourite fruit
- At Cookery School London
near Oxford Circus
- Take home the skills and knowledge to create delicious food using your waste
- Learn how to minimise wasted food
- Pick up plenty of tips on being more sustainable at home
- Expert teaching and advice, using standard home kitchen equipment
- Leave with the knowledge and understanding to make the delicious recipes at home
- Hands on experience
- You will use sustainably sourced, high quality, organic ingredients
- You will never wash up - we take care of that for you always!