JAMS & PRESERVES
This class busts the myth that jams are tricky to make. Once you have mastered the few simple tricks required to produce perfect products, you will find yourself wanting to use all manner of fruits and veg throughout the year to make your own jars of jams, chutneys, marmalades and pickles. Preserving is a great way to use up leftover fruit and veg, particularly when there is a glut in the summer months.
We will be using whatever fruits and vegetables are in season from strawberries, raspberries, apricots and peaches through to apples and pears and rhubarb. Lemons and oranges will feature in marmalades and you will learn how to make a cucumber pickle as well as piccalilli. You will leave us with bottles of all that you have made during the session to be enjoyed over coming months.
You will be welcomed to this class with homemade scones, homemade jam and whipped cream along with our beautiful Hasbeans coffee and Tregothnan tea. At the end of the class, you will be able to sample all that has been made and these will be served with homemade bread and English cheese to complement the savoury pickles and a glass of house wine.
You Will Learn To Make
- A seasonal jam
- Apple chutney
- Orange marmalade
- Pickled cucumbers
- At Cookery School London
near Oxford Circus
- Learn to make a range of jam, marmalade, chutney and pickle recipes
- Learn preserving techniques
- Expert teaching and advice, using standard home kitchen equipment
- Leave with the knowledge and understanding to make the delicious recipes at home
- Hands on experience
- You will use sustainably sourced, best quality ingredients – organic where possible
- You will never wash up – we take care of that for you always!