People are often intimidated by cooking fish so in this class, we debunk the myth that fish cooking is difficult. Far from it, it is one of the simplest things you can cook and in this class we show you our favourite ways to use it. You’ll learn to fillet, grill, poach, steam, bake and sauté the freshest of sustainable fish.
Cookery School is at the forefront of ensuring that cooking fish will not deplete our oceans. The fish we use are always seasonal, line-caught and local and we are the only cooking school in the UK to gain MSC certification. In addition to learning to cook beautiful fish, we’ll teach you how to judge freshness, the differences between farmed and wild fish and teach you how to source sustainably.
The session ends with a fish feast served with fresh green salad and seasonal vegetables, accompanied by matched wines, and dessert with tea or coffee. You will leave us feeling super confident about cooking fish at home.
If you are keen to learn more in depth about the preparation of both fish and shellfish, have a look at our Ultimate Fish and Shellfish class.
You will learn to make:
- Mini grilled mackerel cakes with chilli or fruit relish – you will fillet the mackerel
- Catch of the day en papillote with hollandaise
- Catch of the day fillets baked whole in Chinese style – ginger, garlic, soy sauce and sesame oil
- Cullen skink (smoked haddock chowder)
- Herbed catch of the day sautéed in olive oil with lemon (in summer with crushed tomatoes)
- At Cookery School London
near Oxford Circus
- Take home the skills and knowledge to create delicious fish dishes at home
- Learn how to source fish responsibly
- Expert teaching and advice, using standard home kitchen equipment
- Hands on experience
- You will use sustainably sourced, high quality, organic ingredients
- You will never wash up - we take care of that for you always!