WILD FERMENTATION PICKLING CLASS
Chetanya Alexander, owner of Tickles’ Pickles – commercial producer of naturally fermented pickles – will take you through the basics of lacto-fermentation, teaching you the techniques of both a dry-salted vegetable pickle (kimchi) and a brine pickle (sour dill cucumbers). These are the most commonly used techniques used to make vegetable pickles, and once you’ve learned them you’ll be able to play around with recipes – pickle any fruit or veg and add herbs and spices to suit your tastes. Chetanya studied traditional kimchi techniques with Jeong Kwan, the ‘philosopher chef’ in Korea, and she’ll discuss variations of kimchi and how to cook it. She’ll show you how to make two super easy, tasty kimchi based dishes – a crispy noodle kimchi pancake and kimchi fried rice with egg.
You will learn to make:
- Dry-salted vegetable pickle (kimchi)
- Brine pickle (sour dill cucumbers)
- crispy noodle kimchi pancake
- kimchi fried rice with egg
- Learn to make two types of fermenting techniques
- Expert teaching and advice, using standard home kitchen equipment
- Leave with the knowledge and understanding to make the delicious recipes at home
- Hands on experience
- You will use sustainably sourced, high quality, organic ingredients
- You will never wash up - we take care of that for you always!