THE ULTIMATE AFTERNOON TEA
This is the ultimate Afternoon Tea! This alternative afternoon tea is the perfect way to get together with friends or family and do something a bit different. In this class, you will learn to make your own afternoon tea, including a range of quintessentially British cakes, sandwiches, pastries and, of course, scones.
At the end of the class you will sit down to enjoy what you have made as a class, all presented on a lovely tea stand, with a glass of British sparkling wine or a cup or two of Tregothnan Cornish tea.
Have a look at the below video for a flavour of the class.
You will learn to:
- shape finger bread rolls
- make a range of sandwiches: egg mayonnaise, cucumber sandwiches to crab sandwiches all on different homemade breads and all using best of British, locally sourced ingredients.
- make mini Scotch eggs using quail’s eggs and chicken mince
- make the lightest of scones to be served with homemade seasonal fruit jam (which we will demonstrate how to make) and clotted cream
- make savoury cheese and herb scones – a Cookery School favourite
- make Devonshire cream cake (the most delicate of sponges filled with whipped cream and topped with an Original Beans chocolate ganache)
- Traditional lemon curd tartlets (you will learn how to make the lemon curd and the pastry)