KNIFE SKILLS – SLICE AND DICE
A special knife skills class using Wusthof knives. By the end of this class, you will have learned your way around chopping, slicing, dicing and filleting. We will teach you all the tricks of the trade so that you can understand how to use your knife to best advantage. The dishes selected all require a lot of knife work before cooking.
The class starts with either a snack or a breakfast of freshly baked treats, depending on the time of the class. At the end of the class you will all gather around the Cookery School table to enjoy all that you have chopped and cooked. Wusthof knives will be available to purchase on the day. You can find reviews of the class here and here.
You will learn:
- minestrone with hand chopped pesto (loads of chopping of all sorts)
- caramelised onion focaccia (slicing onions easily)
- grilled catch of the day with a herbed topping (filleting and fine chopping)
- handchopped burger made with organic British beef (coarse chopping of meat)
- caramelised orange (segmenting citrus fruits)
- wonderful apple cake (cutting up apples)
- Learn how to wield a kitchen knife like an expert
- Sound teaching and advice, using standard home kitchen equipment
- Leave with knowledge and understanding on how to use a knife to best advantage and to make these delicious dishes at home again
- Enjoy loads of great hands on practice
- We use sustainably sourced, high quality, mostly organic ingredients
- Take away a pack of recipes of dishes made in the class