FLAVOURS OF LEBANON
Nada Saleh is a very accomplished food author and nutritionist. Her food is absolutely delicious and in this class she shares secrets for cooking food that reproduces flavours of her Lebanese roots.
On arrival you will be welcomed with a cup of tea and homemade aniseed biscuits. You will then go on to learn how to make a range of traditional dishes that are not a UK variant of the real thing. You will sit down at the end of the class to enjoy the food that has been cooked with Lebanese wine.
You will learn to make:
- Chicken and rice with spices, pine nuts and almonds (Djaj bi-Riz)
- Whole chick peas with dill (Hummous bi-Shommar)
- Chick-pea dip with spiced minced lamb and pine nuts (Hummous bi-Lahmeh)
- Milk Pudding topped with pistachio (Mouhallabieh)
- Anise biscuits (Kaak bi-yansoun)
Photo: Whole chick peas with dill (Hummous bi-Shommar) from the book Seductive Flavours of the Levant, photography by Sue Atkinson
- You will learn a whole range of new skills to enable you to recreate this meal at home again
- Expert teaching and advice, using standard home kitchen equipment
- Leave with the knowledge and understanding to make the delicious recipes at home
- Hands on experience
- You will use sustainably sourced, best possible ingredients – organic where possible
- You will never wash up – we take care of that for you always!