SOURDOUGH MASTERCLASS WITH DAN LEPARD
This is a hands-on sourdough bread making class with award-winning baker and food writer, Dan Lepard. Dan is an expert baker known for his innovative approach to baking, who has written a number of books on baking and regularly features in The Guardian, Delicious magazine and other publications and was a judge on the first series of the Great Australian Bake Off. Head to our blog to find out a bit more about him.
In this sourdough masterclass you will learn to achieve the crust and crumb, taste and texture you’ve always aspired to. This includes creating and keeping a healthy leaven, mixing, kneading, shaping, and baking the perfect loaf.
You’ll be welcomed on arrival with a lovely Cookery School breakfast. The day also includes a beautiful lunch of La Fromagerie cheeses, paté, salad and Dan’s homemade bread. Then an afternoon tea break with time for a sourdough recap and a Q&A session.
To ensure that Dan is able to work with each of you individually, numbers will be limited to 14 people. You will leave with your loaves, a pot of leaven and a lot of new skills that you will be able to put into practice at home.
- Learn the tricks of perfect sourdough bread making in this masterclass
- Expert teaching and advice, using standard home kitchen equipment
- Leave with the knowledge and understanding to replicate beautiful loaves at home
- Hands on experience
- You will use sustainably sourced, high quality, organic ingredients and flour straight from Shipton Mill
- You will never wash up – we take care of that for you always!