Eggs have had bad press over the years but are again being hailed as a healthy, high protein food. They are quick and easy to prepare and the ensuing dishes are a real treat. You will leave our egg cooking class knowing how to make a range of failsafe dishes that will delight with their delicious flavours, not break the bank, and be easy to prepare for a family meal or a low calorie, sustainable snack.
There are a few tricks for cooking eggs successfully and you will leave us having mastered these and keen to test these out at home again. You will be welcomed with a light Cookery School breakfast when you arrive before you learn to make the following…
You Will Learn To Make
- Boiled eggs – soft and hard boiled
- Poached eggs – used in eggs Florentine
- Hollandaise sauce
- Fried eggs – easiest way of ensuring a perfect egg each time – sunny side up and flipped
- Omelettes – regular (with some interesting fillings) and omelette Arnold Bennett (soufflé technique)
- Scrambled eggs – plain and with smoked salmon
- Eggs en cocotte – eggs baked simply in a ramekin with interesting accompaniments
- Frittata of seasonal veg
- Expert teaching and advice, using standard home kitchen equipment
- Leave with the knowledge and understanding to make the delicious recipes at home
- Hands on experience
- You will use sustainably sourced, high quality, organic ingredients
- You will never wash up – we take care of that for you always!