JAPANESE HOME COOKING
Join Japanese food expert and writer, Kimiko Barber, for an authentic Japanese cooking class focussed around straightforward and healthy home cooking for family and friends. Japanese food can seem overwhelming but Kimiko will demystify the ingredients and techniques so you will find it easy to replicate at home.
After a Japanese welcome snack and introduction you will start cooking. At the end of the class you will sit down to enjoy what you have made with a beer or glass of sake around the Cookery School table.
You Will Learn To Make:
- Dashi (Japanese stock)
- Grilled aubergine miso soup
- Dashi-soaked spinach
- Pan-seared autumn vegetable salad with miso dressing
- Avocado and prawn on soba noodles with wasabi sauce
- Mushroom rice
- Tuna cube sashimi with wasabi avocado dressing
- Nikujaga (meat and potatoes)
- Black sesame ice cream
- Hands on experience
- Dashi making
- Rice cooking
- Fish slicing for sashimi
- Noodle cooking
- Ice cream making
- Information on key ingredients: miso, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame
- Expert teaching and advice, using standard home kitchen equipment
- Leave with the knowledge and understanding to make the delicious recipes at home
- You will use sustainably sourced, high quality, organic ingredients
- No washing up - we take care of that for you!